My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rocketfuelcoffee.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tasting Esmeralda Special TODAY!

OK so I am sitting here drinking the FIRST CUP of freshly roasted TODAY Esmeralda Special. It is so wonderful, mellow and smooth, a bit on the floral side, with lighter notes than my Kona or Jamaican Blue coffee, but slightly more exotic flavor. I am not as experienced as so many of you here, so you will excuse me if I am not appreciating the bean as you might. But damn this is a great cup of coffee!

I decided that the way to kick start this new company of mine was to get a coffee that lots of folks would search for on the internet, so I used the same skills I used to use as an antique seller on eBay and search for treasures online. When I found the Panama auction at Hacienda La Esmeralda, I knew I hit gold. They would not let me bid because I was too small potatoes, but I could become a stakeholder with other bidders. There are companies who do just this. Sweet Maria's let me bid with them and I secured 50 pounds. Now, 4 months later, it is here with me in Toronto.

I do not roast my own coffee. I have a roasting partner, George who is an expert that makes sure my coffees are perfect every time. The only thing I know how to roast is a marshmallow.

Great story or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment