My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rocketfuelcoffee.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Yackity Yack... Facebook Talks Back!

The Intimate Circle of 450 or So

I hooked on Facebook, following the advice of marketing mentors in addition to my accounts on Twitter, LinkedIn and various discussion groups on the internet. I avoided it like the plague previously as that was the domain of my teen-aged children, various relatives and who knows who else. The idea of mixing my gorgeous, rare coffee beans with the young unwashed was just not on my marketing list.

After Tweeting and Linking, perhaps it was time to Facebook? I hooked up and started finding people I knew and as usual with me and activities, I went at it with rabid force and soon hundreds of faces connected with mine. High School, Art College, Religious School and Summer camp, along with throngs in the coffee business. Men without hair, women with children, some with multiple names, many with careers and businesses like me attached to their profiles.

Some profile pictures are recognizable. Some, like mine, were logos, although I have switched to a photo now. Some are animals like dogs or horses. Some are cartoons. Interesting. If they had pics of their shoes, I could tell everything about them!

Here is where Facebook gets thrilling: you would not give me the time of day when I was 18, will you look my way now that I am 48? Seems 30 years is enough to thaw out the space between us and we are all wonderful! As it should be. You look great and I hope life has been good to you. If not, accept my posts in superficial friendship now. Hey, I wish you well.

Now, how about some coffee?





No comments:

Post a Comment