My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rocketfuelcoffee.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Best Review Ever!



The Drink: El Socorro y Anexos From Rocketfuel Coffee
Type: Whole Bean Guatemalan
Overall Rating: 4.5 Out Of 5 Coffee Mugs

There’s one thing that you need to know about El Socorro y Anexos from RocketfuelCoffee.com, it’s a must try coffee. If you want more of a review, keep reading.

When people ask what are my favorite coffees, Rocketfuel Coffee is always one of the first few that I mention. They’re a gourmet roaster out of Toronto, Canada and I’ve been lucky to sample more than a few of their great coffees. Their Kona is one of the best that I’ve tried and their Kopi Luwak is something that everyone should have on their bucket list.

All that doesn’t mean that the El Socorro y Anexos is going to get a free pass, even after reading the rave reviews from the so called coffee experts, I was going to give it a thorough testing.

However, I knew right away that this was going to be a very easy coffee to test. The aroma alone earned this coffee a spot as one of my favorite coffees. An inviting fruity-floral aroma welcomed me and reminded me of a relaxing beach on a remote island. Around the edges was a warm, nutty flavor.

The taste cemented it’s spot on my top ten list. The first wave of flavor felt like a round, fruit explosion coating my tongue. Dripping on the back of my tongue was a cherry or strawberry syrup flavor. That was followed up by a delicious fruit filled, medium roast after taste.

The El Socorro y Anexos is a perfect mix of an extremely smooth coffee with a medium body.

This coffee isn’t cheap, it’s $45 for half a pound or $80 for a full pound. It’s a rare coffee and it’s definitely not an every day coffee, but it is a treat worth just about every penny.

As a bonus, this coffee is certified organic.

Kopi Luwak was always my favorite from RocketfuelCoffee, but I think I might have a new favorite. Overall, this coffee earned an amazing 4.5 out of 5 on the Daily Shot Of Coffee scale, one of the best ratings that I’ve given out.

I think this coffee was made for me, it’s what I love – a medium roast that’s loaded with flavor. This is one of those coffees that I wouldn’t mind testing over and over again.


- Thanks so much Mike!!

1 comment: