My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rocketfuelcoffee.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, April 25, 2009


how to make coffee

reaching out to make coffee more social

reviews Rocketfuelcoffee.com
Robert Angeles, CoffeeTalkee


2-3 weeks ago, I was invited by Lisa Rotenberg of RocketFuelCoffee.com to try some of their coffee. How can I resist? It’s coffee and Lisa is one of my caffeinated Twitter friends talking about coffee every time we are all inside Twitter sphere.

I asked Lisa to send me beans and let me do the grind. Unfortunately, when they arrived, this Texan allergy season came to play and I was one of those unlucky ones who got it. That’s the reason why it took me 3 weeks to do this review. It would be unfair to taste her coffee with something bothering your senses.

Please be reminded that I’m not a professional barista or cupper and I review coffee as a consumer in a language that can easily be understood.

So, what did I receive?

Jamaican Blue Mountain

To give you a background, history of coffee in Jamaica is epic. In 1728, coffee was imported into Jamaica from Martinique. The country was ideal for this cultivation and after 9 years from the day it was introduced, around 83,000 lbs. was exported. The country experienced a lot of rise and fall but eventually was able to remain consistent in the following years. Only coffee grown within the Blue Mountain region, which is in the eastern part of the island, can be called Jamaican Blue Mountain.

After I was done grinding the firs t set of beans, I immediately brewed it using my Keurig Brewer. The first thing I notice about this coffee is that it has a good kick without the strong taste and doesn’t stay too long on your tongue. My senses were delighted because of the variety of flavors that came from every sip, the wonderful strong aroma it brings and yet gives you that light note that will make you smile. You will enjoy how every component of this coffee plays together. Perfect! This is a true mark of a Grade 1 coffee.

Rocket Fuel XXX

This next coffee will startle you with its bright, bursting and slightly strong aroma. It has some aroma characteristics of the Jamaican Blue Mountain yet that slight strong aroma gets in once in awhile. This goes the same with the taste. It has those different flavors and light tones but this time, the kick is there. It’s not really bold but a mixture of the light , colorful and strong side. I would recommend this as the perfect coffee after lunch or during the afternoon where our brain starts begging for a jump-start.

I would like to thank Lisa for giving me the privilege to review her coffee. It was an amazing experience and did love how the flavors played around with my senses. Keep roasting good coffee Lisa and I apologize for the delay. Will I buy these coffee? YES! You should try Rocket Fuel Coffee. It will definitely make you smile.

For more information, please visit RocketFuelCoffee.

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment or you can subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive future posts.

1 comment:

  1. wow, i would have thought coffee would be native to Jamaica

    ReplyDelete