My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.rocketfuelcoffee.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rocketfuelcoffee.com on Twitter!

Medicine Hat Alberta
(just included this for fun)


Here is how I got 1000 followers in 2 weeks, and I am new to Twitter. I am no marketing genius and I certainly am not one who subscribes to any form of gimmick or cheesy advertising techniques. I figured this one out myself.

At the top of the page, under "Find People", there is a link where you can search for twitter members by key word. I searched for twitter members to follow by related key words to me, starting with coffee, as my company is called rocketfuelcoffee.com. I followed twits with 250 hits or higher. Then I did the same thing with cafe, espresso, latte and moved on to words I thought were in parallel markets to mine, like wine, cigar, bmw, travel, scotch, art, you get the idea.

I tried to avoid names that were just spammers or not potential shoppers.
Also, folks started following me that were insurance and web trawlers. I unfollowed them. They crowded my page with spam. Next, Un-click in your settings to get notified by e-mail everytime someone follows you back. You will go nuts with all the e-mails.

From this I have made contacts with folks who have reviewed my coffee, traded blogs with me and bought coffee. A million twitties may be nice, but give me QUALITY not quantity any day of the week.


Finally, as you get close to 2000 twits that you are following, you may have to edit, as that is the limit.
Good luck and have fun!

rktfuelcoffee aka www.rocketfuelcoffee.com

1 comment:

  1. Some good tips. I've been having a hard time finding followers other than coffee shops, but I'm really looking for coffee drinkers. I think you just pointed me in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete